In the last 4 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 16,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better. As a game artist at Prodigy, you will be focused on the creation of new features including, but not limited to: map design, character design, concepts for house and map items, NPCs, and animations, all while working alongside like-minded developers, artists and designers. The work you do here at Prodigy is not only seen by millions of students, but will aid in the educational advancement of students worldwide. This is your opportunity to add and improve the visuals to our awesome product!
- Lead and support artists by:
- Providing ample critical feedback for improvement, role growth, skill improvements, and etc.
- Push large initiatives for game art and process improvements.
- Work side by side with other team leads to provide maximum growth and improvement within the Game Team.
- Work as an artist yourself:
- Create and maintain new game content, including:
- House items and map elements.
- Character designs and animations.
- Minigames and core feature enhancements.
- Interfaces, menus and layout designs.
- Member-only game content.
- Work with others to maintaining our art library of over 3000 images.
- Meet with the rest of the game team for planning sessions, designing new features and coming up with new content ideas.
What you'll need:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong communication skills, and experience with leadership.
- Great understanding of game design and animation principles.
- Understanding the technical limitations dictated by developers and working with restricted colours.
- Great understanding of UI design and clarity of concepts.
- Solid foundation in Animation, Illustration, or similar College/University programs.
- Absolute passion for gaming and game development
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Adobe CSS, Tiled, Spine, and/or Toonboom.
- Published or in-progress apps, web games, etc.
- Background in interface design and user-driven UI design
- Experience with pixel art and sprite production.
- Ability and passion for writing and/or drawing.
- Experience with JIRA, agile development methodologies.
- Managerial experience.