In the last 4 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 20,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better. As a UI Designer at Prodigy, your focus will be not only on creating new interfaces that appeal to our wide age range, but improve and iterate on existing ones. When developing interfaces, both the visuals and user experience are to be considered, as well as both desktop and mobile environments. While at Prodigy, you will be working alongside like-minded developers, artists and designers as a team to see your designs through to production. The work you do here at Prodigy is not only seen by millions of students, but will aid in the educational advancement of students worldwide. This is your opportunity to improve the visuals and the experience of our awesome product!
- Design UI from scratch
- Work with game designers and artists to outline the requirements for each interface from the feature level upwards
- Establish digital prototypes, and carry through directed testing with users
- Work through iterations of implementation up to production, and following each release
- Incorporate alternatives to different interfaces to facilitate split-testing when applicable
- Examine and improve existing UI
- Conduct analysis of existing UI, examining user experience, visuals, etc.
- Aid with quarterly planning by prioritizing some UI redesign over others
- Work towards not only improving the visuals, but also the UX throughout the game.
- Establish a set of standards that all our internal game UI will follow
- Consider the availability of our game on both mobile and desktop in your UI designs
- Standardize the prototyping and testing phases across smaller teams
- Create and maintain documentation around these standards
What you'll need:
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment
- Absolute passion for gaming and game development
- Experience creating original UI designs for mobile, web and/or console games
- Ability to create UI prototypes
- Experience split-testing interface design choices
- Strong portfolio of design work
- Understanding and knowledge of the latest UI best practices, trends and technologies
- Strength not only in UI design, but UX design as it applies to UI
Bonus points for:
- Experience making production quality assets to support UI designs
- Managerial experience