In the last 4 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 24,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
We’re looking to hire a lead product designer with a strong UX focus to help design a new product area from the ground up. If you love the idea of owning a core part of a product and rapidly iterating based on user research and metrics, this role is for you. There will also be opportunities to hire and manage other designers very quickly as the Toronto office expands.
You’ll work to:
- Research and chat with our users to discover their core problems
- Create and validate hypotheses regarding what we can build to solve these problems
- Scope out and design the initial MVP with clear measures of success
- Work in a cross functional team with developers and QA to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- Use metrics and customer development interviews to validate our experiments and guide your product backlog
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product.
- The desire to drive creative decisions through a user-centered design process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation
- The ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Experience using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- A soft spot for the end user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience creating wireframes, user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Previous experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.