Prodigy is a unique MMO experience with a singular focus – to teach kids math through an engaging and enjoyable video game setting that draws similarities to popular gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft, Pokemon, and Zelda. In the last 4 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 30,000,000 students across North America and is currently the fastest growing educational start-up in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
What Our Guild Needs:
Passionate QA to join us in our goal of providing even more features and value to our 5 Million monthly active wizards (and growing).
Your Daily Quest will include:
- Creating and executing test plans that test new feature releases end-to-end
- Maintaining a solid understanding of Prodigy content to better understand how systems and features interact with, and impact, one another.
- Investigating and implementing new and improved testing methodology throughout feature development.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve Prodigy’s game. We have an environment where good ideas win, and your ideas could help shape our product.
- Providing your team with the right information about the quality of the product to make the correct release decisions.
- Performing analysis on whether our new content and systems are fun, engaging and impactful for our students.
Your Spellbook should have:
- Ability to write clearly and effective test cases.
- Extremely organized and methodical in your testing procedures.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with software development and product life cycles.
- Ability to think critically, independently and creatively to get the job completed with quality.
Your Character Traits:
- 1 Year of QA Experience.
- In-depth knowledge and passion for a wide variety of video game titles.
- Innate desire to understand how things work, to dig deeper and continue to learn.
- A strong focus on professional growth.
- Familiarity with bug tracking and test tracking software, preferably JIRA & TestRail.
- Competitive Salary (Full-Time role, no annoying short-term contracts)
- $42k minimum, up to $65k depending on experience
- Positive work-life balance
- Full health benefits
- A really generous gym and learning allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for career growth
- Snacks and a really good coffee machine
- The ability to impact the lives of millions of kids
To confirm you pay close attention to detail please respond with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in pursuing a game QA role and open your reply with the phrase Purple Monkey.